Yorkshire Three Peaks
Take on the iconic Yorkshire Three Peaks – 24 miles in under 12 hours
Pen-y-Ghent (691m) – Whernside (728m) – Ingleborough (723m)
Take on the three highest peaks in the Yorkshire Dales in this one day challenge which showcases some of the most rugged and spectacular countryside in Yorkshire. With 1586m of steep climbs and descents, this exhilarating 24mile trek will challenge you physically and give you a real sense of achievement. Many try to complete this challenge in less than 12 hours – if this is your target we will support you on every step of the way!
We will make an early start in order to make the most of the daylight hours, which means meeting in Horton-in-Ribblesdale at 6am for introductions, a full briefing and kit check, before setting off around 6:45am.
Before the event:
- We will provide a full kit list
- Recommendations on where to stay
- Training plans to help you get in shape for your challenge
- Event pages on our Facebook page enabling you to ‘meet’ your fellow walkers prior to the day itself
On the day:
- You will be in a group of no more than 12 people and will be guided by a fully qualified and insured Mountain Leader with mountain first aid certification.
- Our Leaders are there to help you get the most out of your day, from pointing out geological and environmental points of interest to the moral support when the going gets tough.
- Support vehicle to provide refreshments and first aid cover
We have a number of organised Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge dates each year, and we can also arrange guided days for private groups of 10-12 people.
Please note that prices are for instruction and guiding only and do not include accommodation, transport and meal costs. We can provide recommendations for accommodation if required.
Why book with us?
RockRiver Expeditions are a family run company who pride themselves in delivering the best adventurous experience to one and all. We believe in a client centred approach to experiential learning in a friendly and approachable manner, working with our fully qualified instructors helping you to fulfil your dreams and ambitions.
In general terms the following will give an idea of the day.
- Meet around 6am or as required for your experience
- Personal equipment check, ensuring you have the right equipment for the day
- Tops tips whilst out for the day
- Checkpoint information
The following is included within the price.
- Fully qualified instructor/guide
- Safety Equipment
What's Not Included
- Transport to and from the venue
- Accommodation if required
Course Kit List
You will need to supply all of your own equipment for the course including the following.
- Suitable clothing to be out in the British weather
- Suitable footwear, appropriate for walking trails
- Small rucksack
- Spare socks
Fitness & Training
To get the best out of the course you should arrive fit and well. If you have any doubts about your fitness levels please do not hesitate to get in touch.
For more information or to book places on our Yorkshire Three Peaks event please email email@example.com