Paddle & Performance Awards
The NEW Personal Performance Awards are designed for paddlers wanting to gain recognition of their learning and development, in the craft and environment they choose. The awards allow paddlers to improve their skills, working towards the award of their choice, developing their decision making and fundamental skills. There are no dual discipline awards and all of the awards are direct entry, giving the paddler choice.
Paddle Awards: Designed to develop enjoyment, safety and skills for those new to Paddlesport
The three Paddle Awards are for those getting into a boat for the first time, enabling them to feel confident in their chosen craft in a sheltered water environment. The awards help empower the paddler, enabling them to start their lifelong journey into paddlesport.
- Paddle Start – Encouragement award aimed at someone new to paddlesport
- Paddle Discover – Enables the paddler to develop decision making and fundamental skills
- Paddle Explore – An award that empowers and supports the individual paddler
Discipline Specific Pathway Awards
A series of discipline specific awards of which we are proud to deliver the following; White Water Award, Canoe Award
- All of the awards are direct entry. Paddlers can choose which award they would like to work towards, developing their skills and decision making.
- The awards provide appropriate milestones and acknowledgement of personal skills, setting up the paddler appropriately for British Canoeing Coaching and Leadership qualifications.
- There are no age restrictions for any of the awards. Providers should check paddlers’ suitability, as well as having appropriate mechanisms for anyone under 18.
- All of the awards have been created and written with the paddler at the heart of the content and creating self-directed learning, empowerment and ownership.
The above information is taken directly from the British Canoeing website
This course needs a minimum of 4 people to run, to discuss prices for individuals or less than 4 please contact us for a price at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that prices are for instruction and guiding only and do not include accommodation, transport and meal costs. We can provide recommendations for accommodation if required. By booking and paying a deposit you are accepting our Terms and Conditions. Please include your name in the payment reference and submit a booking form.
Why book with us?
The itinerary for the day can be built around your wants and needs of the discipline based upon your previous skills and experience. In general terms for someone who has very little knowledge of paddlesport the following sample itinerary will give a guide.
- Fundamentals of paddlesport, posture, connectivity, power, feel
- Personal equipment –
Correctly fitted buoyancy aid, correct fit of boat, paddle length
- Personal Paddling Skills – Lifting, carrying and launching, forward paddling, backward paddling and stopping the craft
- Rescue Skills – What do in the event of a capsize
- Fully qualified British Canoeing Coach
- Safety Equipment
What's Not Included
- Transport to and from the venue
- Accommodation if required
Course Kit List
- Wetsuit/Dry Cag or Drysuit
- Bouyancy Aid
- Boat and Paddle