National Three Peaks – 24hr Challenge
Take on this classic challenge climbing the highest peaks in Scotland, England and Wales
Ben Nevis (1345m) – Scafell Pike (978m) – Snowdon (1085)
The National Three Peaks takes in the three highest mountains in the UK, Ben Nevis in Scotland at 1345m, Scafell Pike in England at 978m and Snowdon in North Wales at 1085m . The aim of the challenge is to complete all three mountains in 24hours including the traveling time between them. It is not every day that you just pop out and walk up three mountains in 24hours so in order to complete the route preparation is key.
The challenge starts in Fort William with an early assault on Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in our challenge which effectively starts at sea level up to its summit at 1345m. On returning to the vehicle we proceed to the Lake District to take on England’s highest mountain, Scafell Pike at 978. Then we make our way down to our final objective, Snowdon in North Wales at 1085m. The timing starts from the moment we leave the transport in Fort William to when we meet the transport in Llanberis.
A fully qualified Mountain Leader(s)
We will provide a full kit list
Recommendations on where to stay
Training plans to help you get in shape for your challenge
Please note that prices are for instruction and guiding only and do not include accommodation, transport and meal costs. We can provide recommendations for accommodation before and after the event if required.
Why book with us?
In general terms the following will give an idea of the weekend.
- Briefing the night before to discuss the challenge
- Personal equipment check, ensuring you have the right equipment for the weekend
- Meet around 7am in the Ben Nevis mountain carpark
- Ascent of Ben Nevis, proceed to the Lake District
- Ascent of Scafell Pike, proceed to North Wales
- Ascent of Snowdon
- Fully qualified instructor/guide
- Safety Equipment
What's Not Included
- Transport to and from the venue
- Accommodation if required
Course Kit List
You will need to supply all of your own equipment for the course including the following.
- Suitable clothing to be out in the British weather
- Suitable footwear, appropriate for mountain walking
- Spare socks/Clothes/Hats/Gloves
- Lip balm, sun cream, insect repellent, sunglasses
- Small first aid kit
A comprehensive kit list will be sent on booking.